Reframing

Three months ago, I wrote about a friend who took his own life. I am still processing that incident. In the same month my friend died, I also experienced several other heartbreaking or unusual situations that led me down the dark path toward despair. Having been down that path before, I could recognize the markers and knew I had to take stock of my own emotional and mental health and, where needed, adjust my framing. After working through the initial period of shock and utter sadness, I had to reframe my attitude and actions to focus on long term wellbeing over momentary comfort. I'm not a psychologist and these frames are simply my own musings about myself. I share them as part of my healing. Here are some of my constructs - 

When I want to hide, I need to be seen. 
When I want to run, I need a goal. 
When I want to hoard, I need to purge. 
When I want to talk, I need to listen.
When I want to be loved, I need to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment